1. In addition to acting as an excellent moisturizer for the skin, honey also fights infections by unclogging the skin pores and clearing the skin of impurities, even below the top layer. 80% of honey consists of sugar, while the remaining 20% comprises of iron, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and vitamins B and C. These active components penetrate the skin follicles and kill the germs which cause pimples and acne.
2. Honey is a great source of anti-oxidants which provide much-needed protection from the harmful effects of UV rays. Overexposure to these rays may cause skin cancer or premature aging.
3. Honey is an excellent solution for oily skin prone to breakout. This can be owed to its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Excess sebum is absorbed from the skin, which helps reduce skin infections and boils.
4. A great hair conditioner, honey softens the hair and takes care of the scalp as well as the hair follicles.
5. Honey can prevent and cure hair loss. It consists of a humectant, which prevents the loss of moisture thereby preventing hair loss. The high sugar content in honey, too, plays a role in fighting hair loss by retaining moisture and strengthening the hair.
6. Its antiseptic and anti-bacterial properties protect the scalp from fungal infection or psoriasis. This, in turn, reduces the occurrence of dandruff.
7. When hair is exposed to pollution and the harsh sun rays frequently, it may become dull and lifeless. A honey hair mask is helpful in bringing back the radiance of your hair.
Considering how rare it is to find something so delicious, yet beneficial to health in so many ways; I say we drop everything and run to the nearest grocery store to buy and indulge in the goodness of honey.