1) Wedge Affair
The medium heel in wedges is most comfortable and goes with mostly all sorts of outfits. Be it Indian Saree or denims with a top or your all time favourite Little Black Dress, these footwear won’t ditch you. In fact wedge heels are counted to be most reliable and comfortable kind of heels.
2) The Kohlapuris:
Ohh Who doesn’t know The kohlapuri chappals. They are so versatile and never off fashion.. You buy one and then you can wear them till they decay as they are always there… But yes, we can always add that swag with what’s going on latest like the Pom poms these days.
They can also be teamed up with basic salwar suit or churidaars. In fact Jootis go great with denims and tunic or long tops.
4) Pumps or Peeptoes:
Now both these beauties are meant for more formal wearabilities. They also go with all sorts of dresses from ur sarees, lehngas , suits, denims, skirts, everything. Having a couple of dynamic coloured saves a lot of confusion.
DOs while dressing in Indian wear:
- Flat footwear(ballerinas, kohlpur chappals, jootis, v-shaped slippers,etc) work better when the ensemble has a narrow bottom or if the ankle is showing E.g., Pajamis, cigarette pants even salwars, ankle length palazzo etc
- With flared bottom always prefer little heeled footwear like wedges or pumps or peep toes with palazzo, lehnags, saree, etc
- Loafers or moccasins go well better with ensembles with the pants or trousers.
- Any kind of sporty footwear like sneakers, sports shoes are a BIG NO NO for any sort of Indian wear.
- Any kind of boots, leather shoes except few loafers are a NO too.
Note: These are few style tips that work comparatively well & are more in trend. But everyone has their own definition of fashion thus it won’t look awkward if you decide to choose otherwise. You are anyways gorgeous
Always & Forever…